Areas of Practice:

Elder Law
Estate Planning
Wills and Trusts
Estate Administration
Trust Administration
Real Estate


The real estate market in Colorado is robust!   My office can help you to sell your house, if you have a buyer.  I can prepare and review all the paperwork which is necessary to pass clear title to the buyer.  I can save you a lot of money on real estate commissions if you are selling your house to a family member, a renter or any other third party. I also help personal representatives sell houses owned by estates and/or transfer the homes to beneficiaries. 

Attorneys cannot replace real estate brokers, because they help you find a buyer and are experts on marketing your home.  Real estate brokers are also more available than attorneys and can be reached after most normal attorney’s hours.  But if you have a ready and willing buyer, you may not need a real estate broker.  I can prepare the necessary paperwork to sell your home, or to help you buy a home.  Of course, I do work with real estate brokers also, it is always a good idea to have additional representation, especially when unusual circumstances arise.  My office has flat fees to represent buyers and/or sellers depending on the circumstances of the sale, like whether the seller is carrying the loan on the property, whether mineral rights or water rights are involved or if there are unusual title issues.  (We will not represent both the buyer and the seller in the same transaction because of conflicts of interest).

To complete most real estate sales, the parties must complete a Contract to Buy/Sell Agreement. Sometimes an amendment to the contract is necessary and oftentimes a buyer may submit an objection to an inspection which will require more documentation. The Contract to Buy/Sell, along with any amendments and counter proposals are delivered to a title company which will prepare a title commitment which includes requirements to pass clear title to a buyer as well as any exceptions to the title insurance. The title company is chosen by either the buyer or the seller, to produce the closing documents, a settlement statement (also called a HUD) and to report the sale to the IRS, if necessary.  There are additional costs for their services.  Most closings are held at the title company.  The title company may also handle the closing on the mortgage.    Please contact my office if I can help you sell or buy a home.

This article was written by Tamra K Waltemath of Tamra K. Waltemath, P.C.  This information is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.  For specific questions, you should consult a qualified attorney. Tamra K. Waltemath is an elder law attorney focusing on wills, trusts, estate and trust administration, probate and non-probate transfers, guardianships and conservatorships.  She can be contacted at:  Tamra K. Waltemath, P.C., 3843 West 73rd Avenue, Westminster, CO  80030; 303-657-0360; or visit her website at:


The Henry Law Office Building
3843 West 73rd Avenue
Westminster, Colorado 80030

Open 9:00-5:00 Monday through Friday
Ph: 303-657-0360
FAX: 303-429-2552